Container Yard Traffic Action Plan *UPDATED
TDK CONTAINER YARD TRAFFIC ACTION PLAN
Updated May 14th 2019
1) TDK office staff will communicate to customers, partners, vendors of possible traffic congestion and provide options to assist in preventing congestion. TDK will work trucking companies and TDK customers to:
i. Send out pre-emptive messages to advise trucking companies to spread out drivers when picking up large bookings
ii. Send out bulletin emails to trucking industry when yard traffic becomes busy
iii. Work with Damco to limit loaded inbound during the day shift and book most deliveries for evening shift.
2) TDK will have available staff trained and certified in traffic control compliance.
3) TDK will have available staff to control inner yard traffic by placing trained staff at corner 1 to assist in moving congestion.
4) TDK will have available staff on standby to control traffic on Cundy drive if there are more than 6 trucks on the above street.
5) TDK will have available staff on standby to control traffic on the corner of Cundy Ave and Audley Blvd if the number of trucks on Cundy Ave are greater than 6. TDK will have available staff on standby to stop truck traffic on Cundy Ave and Audley Blvd (between Cundy Ave and Derwent Way) and have traffic control person advising truck not to line up on Derwent Way and to return when traffic congestion has alleviated.
* DRIVERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO LINE-UP ON DERWENT WAY*
6) Effective June 1st, 2019, TDK will be extending yard hours to 23:00, to assist in spreading out trucker traffic.
7) TDK will be hiring an additional gate attendant and have a 2-man gate system for heavy traffic days. This individual will be clearing truck congestions from Audley Blvd and advising drivers not to line-up on Derwent and to return when yard congestion alleviates.
8) TDK will provide handouts to drivers advising them of revised yard and traffic plan. Most importantly, not to line-up on Derwent Way.
9) TDK will open a 2ndlane in CY when truck traffic is busy. This will allow more trucks to line up in the yard and keep them off the street.
10) TDK is in the process of hiring/training additional machine operators and office admin to assist in processing trucks quicker during all shifts.
11) TDK will have graveyard shift operators grooming the yard to ensure efficient start to the next day.
- email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
To all concerned,
In collaboration with Delta By-law enforcement and co-operation with neighboring businesses on Annacis Island, TDK METRO Terminals has designed a traffic control plan to assist in alleviating street congestion and to improve traffic safety, for vehicles going to and around TDK METRO Terminals.
This plan will be broadcasted to customers, partners, and vendors using TDK’s services. Trial implementation will begin early May 2019, and mandatory compliance will be enforced starting June 1st, 2019.
By-law and enforcement partners will be monitoring the traffic plan and will ticketing parties that are found to be in non-compliance. By-law will also be notifying TDK of companies and drivers that are in non-compliance. Parties found to be violating TDK traffic plan requirements may be subject to:
1) Verbal /written warning
2) Return to back of line / Gate refusal
3) Driver ban (hourly / day / week / lifetime)
TDK staff will implement a “3 strike” policy with individual drivers that are found to be non-compliant with TDK protocols and procedures. These will be documented and provided to driver’s employer.
TDK Container Yard Driver Traffic Requirements
A) Drivers will be required to take designated route on Annacis Island as per map below. Enforcement officers will be in place to monitor.
B) Drivers are not to block any neighboring driveways and must be clear or either side by a minimum of 2 meters (6 feet). It is suggested to have clearance of 3 meters (9 feet) on either side of driveways.
C) No drivers destined to TDK Container Yard is to be lined up / idling on Audley Blvd between Derwent Way and Cundy Ave.
D) Drivers going to TDK must obey instruction from TDK traffic control officer that will be located on either:
i) TDK gate house
ii) Corner of Cundy Ave and Audley Blvd
iii) Corner of Audley Blvd and Derwent way
E) Any drivers without proper booking or release information are not permitted to entire line-up area.
F) **DRIVERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO LINE-UP ON DERWENT WAY. TDK STAFF WILL ADVISE DRIVERS TO RETURN WHEN YARD TRAFFIC HAS ALLEVIATED. DRIVERS WILL HAVE OPTIONS TO RETURN OR P/U EMPTY CONTAINERS AT OTHER OFF-SITE LOCATIONS